Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

28 November 2005

"September in the Rain"

This song is ok, but I'm wondering if it should have had words in the first place. Like the Tara theme song in reverse. At the very least, these words are not the most inspirational, and though the song has melodic possibilities, it is ultimately predictable.

Today was exhausting. My brain has felt foggy and unbalanced all day, weirdly, unusually so. It's possible that I'm just exhausted, which leaves the question: and why am I up this late? Watching Buffy, of all things? Well, you know, coming to the end of season six, which is a bit dramatic, and I had only seen it once. Surely that's not so bad. And I kept busy doing my handwork--lots of projects that I'd like to get done for this holiday season.

But for now, before I exceed all previous records of posts that really don't say anything at all: let's just stop here and get some sleep. Here's to the brain fog clearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter