Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

23 November 2005

"It Can't Be Wrong"

Now this is a better song. Lush in all the right places. I like the lyrical elements, the sweeping-ness of it. I'm trying to figure out why some songs do it for me, and others just don't. Sometimes I can understand, but only sometimes. Reactions to music can be quite complex.

I've been feeling pretty lush myself, lately. Life feels juicy, sensual, good. Not simple, which is maybe a part of the attraction for me. Pleasure is everywhere, and not just in the expected places, though those are richer, too. When things are not so great they still feel clear, with a depth and breadth that have their own attraction. It may be an anomoly, but I am grateful for now.

Happy Turkey Day, America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter