Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

13 November 2005

"I'm Just Wild About Harry"

I like this song, and I thought I wouldn't, because the title just sounds dorky. In fact, looking at it now, after singing this song and liking it, the title is still dorky. It's too bad that I already wrote the 'I love my husband' post, because this would have been a nice place to put the love. Let it be known that the love is still present.

In an odd mood tonight. I feel this familiar sadness in me, a heavy feeling in my chest. I'm really liking the Girlyman song "A Young James Dean", because it has a fabulous hooky bit in it, and tonight it made me want to cry, which was the first hint of the up and coming emotion without a cause. Or with causes so multitudinous and tangled, with exhaustion a veil over the top, that I just can't think to sort it all through. I need to comb out my brain, and I need sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter