Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

05 November 2005

"The Blue Room"

I really like this one, finally. I'm trying to figure out why this one captures my fancy, and the others don't. And maybe it's just the totally romantic sentiment of it: we'll have a place that's all our own, and 'everyday's a holiday because you're married to me.'

Today, I'm feeling just that. It's very late, too late, one might say. We spent a lot of time cleaning house today, and then a few nice folks came over, and we had food, and drink, and good conversation, and played a board game, and even though I have a splitting headache, I still feel happy about the day, and happy to be married to my husband, and happy to be going to sleep in our, coincidentally, very blue room.

And the best part of cleaning up for company is that the house is still pretty darn clean when they leave. Life is good.

(Happy Birthday, Bruce, too, sorry it's a little late. Does it still count that I thought of you?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter