Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

18 October 2006

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Don't. . . make. . . me. . . sing. . . it. . . again. (pant, pant) Must. . . find. . . time. . . to. . . write. . . blog. . .

It wasn't so bad the first time I visited this song, through the graces of a previous Reader's Digest volume, but I got tired this time. It's another song to bring home the realization of the existence of better keys for my voice to sing in. I do feel compelled to sing the blog song in the key that it is written, though I am playing with some past songs in alternate keys, just for kicks and giggles. I'm learning an awful lot in my voice lessons, and I'm just hoping that I'm not learning it all too late. I'm not sure why that's my worry right now, besides the general feeling of being utterly overwhelmed by everything that permeates my existence at this point. Fun and games in my life, indeed. Or something.

I was. . . ok, I was complaining about all the things I have to do, and my daughter innocently said, "Well, just do them." "I do, honey, all day long I do things, and at the end of the day the list is still somehow very long." I'm holding my own, at the moment. Sometimes I see how easy it would be to literally go insane. I get so tired I just want to sit down on the ground and sob, or escape into a dream. I know that I don't have it all that bad, comparitively speaking, but all that I know is what it is to be in my own skin, my own life. No shame in being the center of the universe, as long as we all know that we're all the center of our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter