Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

10 October 2006

"Sunrise, Sunset"

A classic of musical theatre, and I do like it. Even though it's still somewhat overdone, I like it. Maybe it's that whole parent-thing, seeing my daughter grow so quickly, and having no idea how it's happening this fast. Speaking of which--tell me again, how is this happening so fast? Wasn't she just a toddler yesterday?

Today I started knitting a moebius strip scarf, which is very satisfying. Of course, I still need to finish the latest baby blanket, but I really needed to take a brief break and work on something for me. I'm working from Cat Bordhi's second book of Magical Knitting, which is incredibly inspirational. The scarf is knitted on a very long circular needle, wrapped back upon itself so that the scarf is knit from the inside out, and twisted. The first half a round was challenging, as Ms. Bordhi predicted, but now it feels like smooth sailing. Considering the next two days are fairly long, arduous and potentially stressful, I'm very glad to not only have started on this satisfying project, but also to have practiced both piano and mandolin, as well as sung, blogged, ran 5.28 miles (that was totally exhausting! am I still recovering from the 5K on Sunday?), and gotten my dog to the vet today. Wow. I'm practially accomplished enough for two people today, at the very least. Yahoo. I need to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter