Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

23 August 2006

(On Vacation, Again)

There can be too much of a good thing. But this is a chance to be with my beloved family for a few days, and the next time I'll see them all will be at Thanksgiving, which seems a long time away. Think of me driving safely, and then being on the beach. Think of me running with my sister in the morning, and then eating cannoli on the boardwalk. Think of my daughter being very good. Ah.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well? How was vacation? Did your offspring behave herself?

Loved your account of Pennsic. And especially your not-so-distant memories of climbing with Veronica. Spoof lyrics don't usually do it for me, but that one was exceptionally good.

I'll be in Pittsburgh tonight at the Sonic Youth show. I might try you on the phone this morning and see if you're back from the beach yet. If you are, I'd stop in early this evening and bring you a slightly belated birthday present. Since I'm feeling merciful, though, I'll wait until after 9 to call you -- just in case you are home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter