Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

04 May 2006

"Yes! We Have No Bananas"

This song is just silly, and according to the notes here, unintentionally (presumably) plagiarized from multiple sources, including the 'Hallelujah Chorus'. Try it yourself: 'Hallelujah! Bananas!' I remember my father singing this, though I have no idea why he would.

My father is crazy that way. You should hear the traditional family uvulations. It started with my Dad trying to get our attention when he took photos, and it sure worked. People stare. I've adapted it very successfully with inspiration from Middle Eastern approval calls. People stare at me, too.

It's a good thing to not be afraid of the stares of strangers. Or friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter