Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

14 April 2006

"A Time For Us"

I love this song, which may put me in a minority. It's the theme from Franco Zeffirelli's 'Romeo and Juliet', and I have fond memories of watching this very beautiful movie. I've always liked the song words from the movie better, they sound more Elizabethean, or Medieval, but these words are ok too.

I'm still feeling a bit low today, like something is moving through my system uncomfortably, but without any spewing of any kind. Tomorrow is my last race of the infamous set of five, and I'm nervous that I won't really be up for it, but I'm going to bed very early, and I'll give it my best shot. All I have to do is finish, and I think I can do that.

So wish me luck. Finally, the jacket is almost within my grasp--just when it's getting too warm here to need it.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're not spewing. That's an improvement, yes?

You're so brave, running when ill. I'd tell you to break a leg, but I think in the context of a race, this expression connotes something entirely different from its theatrical meaning.

Break one of your competitors' legs. :)

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter