Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

13 April 2006

"Mona Lisa"

This song was really fun to sing, and I'm not sure if it was all those series of eighth notes, or if just having 'Mona Lisa' in a title reminds me of how much I love to sing in Italian, how fun vowels can be. Play it again, Sam.

Tonight I'm feeling rather ill, so I'll be brief. I am so very grateful for our new dishwasher, for another relatively pleasant day with my daughter home, for beginning a fun new crochet project, for the fact that my computer was not, indeed, fried, as it first appeared to be, after we lost our electricity last night during a thunderstorm. (A new surge protector is tops on my list, since the one I have appeared to not work. Luckily, only the power cord was toast. It would be depressing to no end to need yet another new-to-me computer.)

Ah, having a fever! The very uncomfortable and yet still interesting sensation of being weirdly altered. Here's hoping it disappears by morning.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally got around to opening your Readers Digest Sing-along. My, dear, how prolific! And I particularly like the way you use a different song as the inspiration behind each post. Challenging to maintain, no doubt.

Only so far back I could read today, as I'm behind on taxes yet again. But just had to post and ask if you're feeling better today. Fevers suck.

The severe thunderstorm warnings for Pittsburgh were really piling up in my inbox last night. I wondered whether you were getting any of the action. Here, we didn't get so much as a rumble nor a droplet.

You've inspired me to look into better surge protection ... after the taxes. :p

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter