Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

06 April 2006

"My Blue Heaven"

This is the kind of perky song that just makes me a bit happy. It goes a bit low for me, at least for today. I have not forgotten the freedom I have to change keys, though, as well as the gift of 'breathe whenever you need to, dear!'. Ah!

Today was a long and exhausting day of work, punctuated by my daughter screaming at me after school, as usual. ('You're picky!! I'm packing up and leaving!' 'Dear, I just said 'no' to you.') Tomorrow morning first thing I have to clean the bathroom so that the plumber doesn't run screaming from our house when he comes to fix our kitchen and bathroom sinks. Good and bad all tied in together, as usual. I did find a date to the Pittsburgh Wine Festival today, someone who can drink a bit and doesn't want to live in the land of Bordeaux exclusively and that's very exciting (No offense, Paul). Our new toilet seat came: all clear and green, and with fish all over. And I now not only have a USB hub so that my printer and CD burner can be connected at the very same time, but we also have a cable router so all three computers could simultaneously search for. . well, something obscene, on Google, say. Sometimes it truly doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter