Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

09 June 2006

"If"

This is not the "If" that I knew, this is one made famous by Perry Como in 1951, which explains why I don't know it. It's not horrible, not bad at all, though the words don't make sense as a whole. But who needs sense at my age, eh?

Ha ha! That's the extra special funny joke this week, now that I have acheived wisdom and adulthood. On my birthday itself I walked the labyrinth in a neighborhood church: slowly and mindfully in to the center, and then flying like a 'mystical creature' on the way out. Maybe that's what this second set of forty years will be: Flight. Leaving the ground I knew for parts unknown.
'Winging it'.

This week has felt like getting married, since I didn't expect that to change things either, but somehow it did. I felt more secure, more relaxed in my relationship with my brand new husband. This week I feel good, secure, content in my own skin. I feel very willing to try some new things, look at life in a new way. I'm not sure how radical that will be, but I don't feel the need to go to extremes to proove anything one way or another. It feels very much like my internal amusement will guide me, and to hell with the rest of it.

So, for starters, among other things, I will do my best to write here daily, but if some days that doesn't happen, that's ok. It's like the possibility of divorce makes marriage really ok. Not that that's in the works. Thank goodness my husband doesn't read this, he'd give me such a hard time for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter