Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

18 May 2006

"Ring of Fire"

I don't have much familiarity at all with any original version of this song, the version that I know best features 'The Bobs': fabulous accapella inventiveness. This is a good song to know. Knowing the words is always a good party trick.

Relentless. That's my week in a word, and my focus sucks. I am the Queen of Coping this week: I have remained equanimous throughout. There has been no screaming, no blood, no breakage, and lots of creative coping. I am exhausted and I can't stop yet, by a long shot. Run. Run, Kat, run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter