Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

17 May 2006

"I Almost Lost My Mind"

This is definitely The Blues. And as far outside my musical vocabulary as one could get, which is to say that the sound is most unfamiliar, but it's still there somewhere. I've just never sung much of this genre at all, and listened to not much more. It sure is fun to sing, even from my relative inexperience.

For the last few days I've felt exhausted to the point of incoherence and incomprehension. Party preparation (pick dress, make dress, clean house, order masks), working on my daughter's room (clean room, pack room, paint room, reassemble room), and then all the other life stuff (laundry, dishes, daughter, organize school potluck, buy bike tires, work, stress about finances for this party). I'm still not making much sense, or my censor is gone, or both. But be sure to know that the above lists are barely begun. . . and I hit the ground running early in the morning, and don't stop all day. Today I made sure that I ate dinner, and sat down for ten minutes in a row. But I think it was the bottle of Starbuck's Frappuccino that really helped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter