Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

21 April 2006

"Pass Me By"

A lovely, jaunty little tune, written for Cary Grant, of all people. A song I didn't know, but one I was happy to learn. Given my mood today, it fit just fine, with its 'take me or leave me the heck alone' attitude. Let's all sing.

Today is my husband's birthday--but don't worry, you didn't really miss it. He's not much attached to his birthday, uncomfortably un-attached, from my point of view. I believe that birthdays are the opportunity we have yearly to celebrate people that we care about. (I have been lax in recent years in sending cards, but I'm doing my best to get back into the swing of it, please forgive me if I missed yours.) There is much cause for celebration. But today, for him, at his request, no party, no dinner out, no crazy gifts (I gave cash towards his new tattoo), just pizza and beer.

Not for me. Don't miss mine. Did I mention the whole turning forty thing? Don't, indeed, pass me by.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, dear.

I forget everyone's birthday, yours being one of the few exceptions. I had to read your last paragraph twice: my first try inferred something antithetical to the second.

I will, out of respect for your husband, resist the temptation to call and wish him a happy belated; but I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter