Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

20 April 2006

"Pennies From Heaven"

It was very nice to properly learn more than the title tune for this song, and the brief description made me interested to even see the movie. This song is sweet, in a good way. I'm not sure what I think of the sentiment, but it just goes to show that the tune can make the text less critical.

Kind of odd to have such a positive thing to say, when my mood has hit rock bottom this evening. I think I'm going to leave it at that. I made a promise to myself to not get overly maudlin, why push it, it's late, sleep usually helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter