Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

04 March 2006

"Strangers in the Night"

Another classic, and a song that I would never have associated with the Sixties. I think this retrospective is a little too close to really capture what we now think of as the Sixties.

I've been reading 'Stiff' by Mary Roach, and I am finding it fascinating. It's an interesting, funny, gross and compelling history of human cadavers. I've been wanting to read this for a while, and I'm not disappointed now that I'm in the thick of it. It's an interesting contrast, reading about the dead, while working on the very much living. But it does fit in, topic-wise, with my recent obsession with my own death, when I'm not worrying about my lack of adequate parenting skills.

And enough whining already. Boring! Surely there is more to write about than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter