Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

02 March 2006

"Let It Be Me"

Stupid sappy wedding song. Blehch. Yes, that's what I said.

Today I took great joy in making a new shelf for our DVDs, which were overflowing the available space. I had no advance plans to do this crazy thing, I just did it. I was spontaneous and free. I used the available materials in new and exciting ways. I dusted.

Or maybe I was incredibly down and depressed on this very grey day. Maybe I overdosed on caffeine, which perhaps improved my energy level if not my mood. I was carried away on the cinnamon espresso wave and I needed to accomplish something worthwhile, something I could see. I took advantage of a few sweet hours of being without my daughter in this endless winter break week, tried to drown the sorry of multiple client cancellations in useful endeavors.

I put the moose on the high shelf. He gazes down beneficently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter