Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

24 February 2006

"Mame"

Another song about a strong woman, this must be the section for it. I think I like this song more for its familiarity than anything else. But it is catchy.

Tomorrow, Saturday, starting at 10AM EST, I will be running my 'long' race, ten miles. I feel relatively sure that I will never want to do this again. I also feel sure that I can complete it. I will get a souvenir hat, and it's race number three on my way to that jacket, which had better be a darn fine jacket. I'm doing this one without a cheering section, except for those of you that will be sending me your good thoughts at this time. Direct some of them to making sure the iPod keeps playing. The weather looks to be reasonably good, so far. Yahoo, me.

Brief rant: I am infuriated with these people, in Pittsburgh, these pedestrians who wait until their light is red, and then begin to cross the street. I have seen them wait the last minute of the green, or yellow, light, and then they begin to cross. Slowly. I don't get it. It happens every day to me. It's rude! Wait for your turn!

Ok, I'm tired. It's been a long day. I give up on making any sense at all.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do it here too. One more sign of the coming end-of-the-world due to self-absorption.

And congratulations on the race!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter