Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

13 July 2006

"I Heard A Forest Praying"

Quite beautiful, actually, in a chromatic, love-the-trees kind of way. Still mentions the 'G' word, but obliquely, and I can't mind it here.

It's vastly humid here, and that's all I can think about. Weighing heavily on every inch of my skin, even my mind feels trapped under a blanket of obsession. We've done well thus far this summer to not turn on the air conditioning, which never does too well in this old house, though I'm glad that we have the option. I'm just hoping to make it through the night, because right now, even the promise of less humid air is not enough to convince me to drag my sweaty body all through the house, shutting all the open windows, waiting for the cool to kick in. . .

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do I hear this? -joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter