Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

10 March 2006

"I Wish You Love"

This is nice, though again kind of low in my range. But today I wasn't so groggy, didn't need the high notes so much to clean out the pipes, so it still worked. A lovely little tragic love song: I can't have you, and I wish you well. Ah!

Today my day was derailed, when it had barely begun. I got a call from my daughter's school, twenty minutes after I had dropped her off. She had pink eye, which had been going around her class recently. My hair still wet from the shower, I picked her up, stopped by to tell my friend Kellee that, alas, I would not be able to have coffee with her this morning, came home, cancelled all my clients for the day, called the doctor. Thankfully we have a wonderful pediatrician. I am very grateful for that. She reassured us both, and sent us off with prescriptions. We spent much too long at the grocery pharmacy waiting for them, and my daughter and I came home to scream at each other when she refused to take her medicine. I was so tired.

Eventually, all was well, but it was a very very long day. I realized, calling my clients, that little makes me feel more unprofessional than cancelling appointments because of a child-related crisis. People with children may understand, but others will not comprehend it, and I don't expect them to. It is all worth it, parenting: we have again survived, she and I. But a long day indeed. I'm going to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter