Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

07 March 2006

"Love is Blue"

I feel like I'm a kid watching Captain Noah, and singing that color-song. You know the one: "Red and yellow and pink and green, purple, and orange, and blue. . ." Ok, maybe you don't know that song--but you might. Sing along if you do. This song is like that, but with all the colors of love in their depressing aspects. I think it's that it's just depressing enough for me to like it. A love song has to be really very good to be cheerful and still interest me.

I am very happy today to not be cranky. This is no small thing, since I've been cranky most of the past month, it seems. All day today I was trying to pinpoint the source of my relative joy: is it that my back doesn't hurt today? the evidence of approaching spring? is it that I've played a fair amount of my Sims game (unfortunate side effect: seeing all of my planned actions as little iconic bubbles above my head--wash dishes, make dinner, go to work)? running two days in a row (this also seemed to help my back rather than hurt it)? It's boring to think of cause and effect for very long, so mostly I've just been enjoying it.

I do miss my husband, who I haven't seen much of the past two days. It would be nice to share some of my good mood with him, as I feel that I've been a bit short with him lately. It's problematic sometimes, having to share my giddy happiness with shop clerks rather than friends and family. Poor shop clerks, too, having to deal with the crazy lady. Lucky daughter, having a mom who will make up dramatic songs in the morning before school, songs about her and the abundant mama-love. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter