Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

09 February 2006

"Deep Purple"

I love this song. Love it, love it, love it. Can't say enough about that. I sang it over and over again this morning, and tonight it still works for me. It hits the happy spot. I can't seem to listen hard enough to memorize it, I just keep singing it, all those lovely half note mini-runs. Ah.

I'm thinking a lot about the people I love, and I'm lucky to have a lot of those. Most of them, I think I'm safe in saying, love me back. I don't mind those who don't, that's not the point of loving. My dreams are filled with old lovers lately, and beloved friends. My waking thoughts are with those that I don't speak to nearly enough, those far and near dear folks. It's not enough that my people are my priority, the problem is that I don't have nearly enough time for them all. I refuse to cut hardly anyone out, which is my own problem. The many amazing folks in my life are just too precious. How blessed I am!

And as a side rant, because too much happiness is just sticky and gooey-sweet: how weird it feels to say that word: 'blessed'. As if mono-theists have a monopoly on it, which I would certainly hope that they don't. Let's reclaim it. The state of grace is not something limited to a chosen few. Hmmmpf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter