Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

27 January 2006

"When Johnny Comes Marching Home"

My daughter really liked this one, she had me play it twice this morning while she danced. Somehow, that seems ok. It is a fun bouncy tune, and at least I don't hate it. Not very high praise, but true.

My husband's away for the weekend, his weekend away to hang out with friends. A good thing. But tonight I just feel down and lonely. I'll feel better tomorrow.

I thought of so many good things to write about today, too. My husband has our car, so I walked a lot today and yesterday, mostly back and forth to work and my daughter's school. That's always good time to think, as well as a time to remember when we didn't have a car at all, and walked or biked everywhere out of necessity. Today it made me very happy with my iPod. What a fabulous feature that 'shuffle songs' is, I never know what's going to come up, and it makes every song sound bright and shiny and new. It's also listening through the headphones though, which I haven't done in years. All the nuances of each song so clear, so stereo.

Even when I'm feeling low, there are always good things. The sun was shining today, the tunes were good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter