Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

12 January 2006

"Red River Valley"

All these smaltzy silly songs, but somehow this one, I like. No less overheard, either. Maybe it's the evocative image: the red river valley. Red clay river, river valley full of trees along the rushing water. Nice.

Yesterday was a weird time-day. My sense of where I was in the normal time-stream was incredibly skewed. Everything took three times as long as I thought that it would or should. Moreover, I deliberately made bad timing decisions, unable to stop myself in the same way that sometimes I am unable to stop myself from spending twenty dollars that I know that I don't have. I am not gifted or skilled at timing-things under the best circumstances, but yesterday was really particularly bad. Luckily, one of the super-hero skills that I've developed to compensate for such things is not caring so much about being late. The world has certainly not ended yet because of my personal tardiness. And in most cases, I'm not actually late at all, which makes up for the occassional lack of time-comprehension.

Now I will stay up later than I should reading, having already stayed up later than I should watching gripping British criminal drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter