Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

08 January 2006

"Blowin' In the Wind"

It seems so odd to be singing this song in a piano context. It lacks all the folk pull and passion. Because this is one of my favorite Peter, Paul & Mary songs, my daughter knows it, and ran right over to sing all the verses with me. Something very satisfying in that, at least.

Things are not gelling in my head as I'd like this evening, and I'm so tired that my eyes hurt. No one seems to be reading this, also, which is not unexpected--life carries us away all the time, and I know that better than anyone--but it takes some of the meaning out of 'writing for an audience'. Brief whine, and then bed, then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter