Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

15 June 2010

'The Lone Wild Bird'

The lone, wild bird in lofty flight
is still with thee, nor leaves thy sight.
And I am thine! I rest in thee.
Great spirit come and rest in me.

The ends of earth are in they hand,
the sea's dark deep and far-off land.
And I am thine! I rest in thee.
Great spirit come and rest in me.

text: H. R. MacFayden, music from William Walker's Southern Harmony

I should have know that this might be from Southern Harmony, such beautiful stuff from there, always. This is just lovely all around.

Found out today that our car needs an entire new engine, which is far from cheap. Somehow, we're still counting our blessings: that we have the money (originally for the gutter clean up and water-damaged wall repair, and a loan), and that it didn't happen at a more awkward time. Still the world seems a gift today, and I'm grateful to be an optimist. Grateful for the not so small blessings of friends and music and love and good food and wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter