Unitarian Hymnal Sing-along

In which Kathryn attempts to sing a different song everyday from the Unitarian Universalist hymnal, 'Singing the Living Tradition'. Earlier posts are based on songs from the Reader's Digest songbooks she found at yard sales as a child, including: 'Reader's Digest Treasury of Best Loved Songs', 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook', and 'Reader's Digest Family Songbook of Faith and Joy'. Bonus Folk song material from: 'Folk Song USA', by John and Alan Lomax.

18 October 2005

"If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight"

Ah, here's another nice one. Not much to it, but what's here is sweet. Though I must admit, all these songs are starting to blend together in my head into one big, bouncy, lyrical, questionably-texted tune. I'm looking forward to this section of 'Down Memory Lane' songs to be done, so we can move into the 'All Time Broadway Hit Parade'. But again, not cheating, not looking ahead here, and since there isn't a standard table of contents in this wacky little book, I can know the title of the next section without knowing what page it starts on, or how many songs I might have left in this group. Those crazy Reader's Digest folks!

Today was a very long day here in Kathryn-land. I didn't eat lunch until 4, dinner until after 9PM. I was exhausted when the day began, and as usual, I didn't accomplish everything I thought I would on my to-do list. But still, overall, not a bad day. The highlight was my piano lesson, closely followed by the fact that the dog did not have any unfortunate accidents in the house today. What more can one ask for, really?

Lots. Buckets of money, for starters. But hey, as my mother always said, if your only problems are money problems, you're in good company. And I know plenty of folks whose problems are worse than mere finances. I am supremely grateful for my fabulous family and wonderful friends, and a job that gives me great satisfaction. And big glasses of red wine every night. Life *is* good. I don't have to be in the goodness for just an hour nightly, I have lots of good hours all over the place.

Today I walked through fall leaves, red and brown, rustling crisply, and smelling that lovely dead leaf smell of fall. I felt the wind on my face and my arms, and I knew, with all certainty, this is indeed good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter